We are getting ready and gearing up for the new school year! There are so many wonderful and exciting new plans that will only serve to make this school year even more wonderful than ever!
Please note: LETTERS EXPLAINING IMPORTANT INFORMATION ARE BEING MAILED OUT TODAY. If you do not receive your letter by Friday, please call us at 718-239-7401.
A few important highlights:
- REGISTRATION – If you received a letter of acceptance, and you havn’t provided us with your registration information, please come in today or tomorrow to ensure your child is officially registered with us!
- We have the same uniform. All new students to Linden Tree will receive the first one free of charge. We are sending information home where our uniforms can be purchased: The Uniform Shop @ Kids Place – 1450 Metropolitan Avenue.
- First Day of School is September 9! Kindergarten has 1/2 day and will be dismissed at 11:30 — Our school day begins at 8:00. Children should be dropped off on the Castle Hill side of the school (by the door with the Linden Tree sign) — This year, ON FRIDAYS, the school day will end at 2:20
- Supplies – At this point we only require a few things – Most important are baby wipes, hand sanitizer, and a HEALTHY snack. (students eat lunch early so it is important to send a snack every day for the afternoon)
- The PTA has a new website – Please visit them at: LindenTreePTA.weebly.com
We are excited to see you on September 9th — If you have any questions, please call us at 718-239-7401.. Thank you, Lisa DeBonis
It is amazing that we are thinking about the end of this year… To help you plan, I wanted to provide you with upcoming dates:
JUNE 5th – Poetry Cafe – 12:00 – Children will perform poetry
JUNE 6th – Chancellor’s Conference Day – No School for Children
JUNE 11th – Field Day (information to follow)
JUNE 14th – MOVING UP CEREMONY!!
JUNE 21st – Moving Up Dance (6 – 8pm)
JUNE 24th – “Open House” for incoming new Kindergarten students
JUNE 26th – 1/2 day – Last Day for Students
Linden Tree’s next movie night is on 4/12/2013. With improved speakers and a recent blockbuster movie, we expect the night to be an even bigger success than the last! Come to the school by 6:00 and join in the family fun. We hope to see all of our current and future students and their families and friends.
Dont Forget…. Tomorrow, 3/21 is MARCH MATH MADNESS!!
At 3:30 come to Linden Tree to..
- Play math games that will help you learn how we teach math
- Hear about how the program, “Math In Focus” works
- Learn how you can help your child at home
Please stay for the PTA meeting at 6:00 — Child Friendly, refreshments served!
Due to the impending forecast, we are postponing the trip to the Central Park Zoo. We have rescheduled it for March 19th.
Parent-Teacher conferences are Tuesday, 3/12… Please make sure to come in between 12:30-2:30 or 5:30-8:00 – We are having a book sale on that day and the parent surveys will be available.
I would like to wish all our Linden Tree families a happy mid-winter break! We are off Monday and Tuesday (2/18 & 2/19). We return to school on Wednesday, 2/20!
Tomorrow, 2/16 is our PTA Barnes & Noble Fundraiser (in the Bay Plaza Shopping Center).. Teachers will be reading stories throughout the day… There will be characters walking around.. and the CHILDREN ARE PERFORMING AT 1:00!
Please come and support the school. Linden Tree will receive a percentage whenever anyone purchases anything (except the Nook). If you can’t make it; you can also buy things online at BN.com. until Wednesday, 2/20 — Our Book Fair ID iis #11038163.
Also.. March 1st is another (PTA Fundraiser) Family Night at Linden Tree… We will have a “GYM-BOREE”. Where families will have family games, exercise and dancing! Details will follow.
Please join us during our monthly PTA meeting – 2/13 at 5:00 and then stay for our Open House at 6:00 (in the auditorium) where we will share all the exciting aspects of Linden Tree to prospective families.
Our next PTA meeting will be held on 2/13/2013 @ 5 PM.
CULTURAL CELEBRATION – Please come between 2:30 – 2:45 AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE in order to sign in. It is important to come on time since the children will begin their performances at approximately 3:15.
BUS CHILDREN – If you need a metro card for yourself and your child, please COME INTO SCHOOL BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:30-10:30am. Ms. Jones is distributing metro cards at that time.
Our next PTA meeting will be held on 1/24/2013 @ 6 PM. Our meetings are child friendly!